Followers

Friday, March 28, 2014

Drama Review: Future Diary

Hi guys! Along with K-Pop, I love K-dramas and anime so today's review will be on the most recent drama that I finished, which is actually a Japanese drama, not Korean… 

Anyways, the drama is "Future Diary: Another World," and my friend and I were completely obsessed with it! 

Source
There are 11 episodes, which is significantly shorter than Korean dramas, but, I believe, Japanese dramas tend to have second seasons, unlike K-dramas. This was also the first J-drama I've watched, so I can't name too many significant differences between the two. One thing that really stood out to me is the speed of the plot development. Since J-dramas are much shorter, everything happens one after the other, and this style definitely kept me watching because each episode was so shocking that I just wanted more. This drama was also based off the popular manga-turned-anime, Mirai Nikki.

Genre: Romantic Thriller
I would say this drama was a romantic thriller because there is a romantic relationship between the two main characters, but the situation that they find themselves in is very complicated. It's not your typical, the families hate each other conflict, but they're in a serious, life or death mission. There are a lot of plot twists that keep you on your toes and definitely keep you guessing because once you think you've figured it out, something else is thrown at you. (Hence why we finished the drama in 3 days; it was just too intriguing!)

Synopsis:
This drama is about a boy, Hoshino Arata (Okada Masaki), who ends up with a Chronus Seed Corporation smartphone, and soon learns that his new phone has the capability to tell him his future, the Future Diary. Later on, he meets a girl, named Furusaki Yuno (Gouriki Ayame), whom he discovers also has a Future Diary. They uncover the sick reality that they are merely two of seven other unwilling contestants that must participate in a sadistic game -- where they must use their Future Diaries to kill each other -- in order to be awarded the prize of their "ideal future."

Overall:
For an overall rating, I'd give this drama a 9 out of 10. It was wonderfully heart-racing and captures your full attention. The storyline was well-written, and was a very intriguing and thought-provoking concept. The only thing that I keeps me from giving this drama a perfect 10 is the character development. It could just be the difference is styles, and the time crunch since there are only 11 episodes, but the growth of Hoshino Arata seemed a bit rushed for my liking. Other than that, I highly recommend this drama for anyone who is looking for something a little different from the typical love story, but still has the aspect of a heart wrenching couple relationship. 

For more drama reviews/recommendations, don't forget to hit that follow button in the upper left hand corner. :) Also, leave a comment down below telling me how you liked or didn't like this drama, or any recommendations you have for me to watch next.

Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment