Followers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WIN: Who Is Next - Episode 9 "Aegyo Adventure's Thoughts"

Another week & a just a single step away from finding out who will be the WINNER.

This week's episode didn't involve any performances & didn't showcase too much of their preparations for the fierce & final battle to come. This week we got to see more of the members themselves & their thoughts on the situation they're in. Because of this, my own thoughts may not be as organized as they usually would be, but this is probably the much awaited post on how I feel about the whole program, in general, & who my heart goes out to.

First, & foremost, I have officially decided that I am rooting for Team B to debut. I know there's a lot of controversy among the fans saying that we shouldn't even pick a single team we want to debut; we should basically protest & hope for an ot11. As much as I would LOVE for that to happen, realistically speaking, that's probably not how things are going to go down. If this is the way YG is going to handle who debuts, we have to at least provide as much support to one of them because we all can agree that both deserve to debut, no matter who it is.

Considering how well Team A did in the last battle & how the voting results turned out for the first round, I did expect them to win in the most recent week's voting results. The fact that the margin between the winners & losers in the voting results decreased even more so than the week before, not even by a point difference: 50.26 to 49.74, shows the growing popularity of Team B. Also, Seungyoon & Seunghoon, already being quite well-known, has given Team A a very slight advantage. But hey, all is fair in love & war. (I will be putting more effort into voting for the next round since I wasn't that active last week. Different time zone problems... -.-)

It was very cute & humbling that neither of the teams expected to have that many fans show up to their high-touch. Most people hate the survival program YG has come up with, but it was a very smart publicity tactic, just look at how many of us are keeping tabs on them, & they're still trainees. The only part that surprised me during their high-touch event was when Seungyoon introduced himself as the leader. I understood that he was going to take over since Minho was injured, but I didn't think they meant permanently. It seems like that's still a sore spot for Minho considering that he introduced himself as the former leader before Seungyoon... :x Haha B.I's introduction, giving the fans a second to cheer even more before he spoke, showed what a natural leader & artist he is. I definitely see him making a name for himself, whether it be with YG or another company.

Many of the fans were shaking with astonishment & joy after being able to meet their soon-to-be idols. Girl, I would've done the same thing! Haha I especially loved Taehyun & Seunghoon's flustered reactions to the fan that gave them a full fledged bow. Seunghoon introducing himself as the "baby hip-hop lion" was too cute because I can totally picture him as such. Taehyun also made me fall for him even more by showing how caring he was as he told the fans to "be careful" as they were leaving the event. What a sweet boy. ( ^ - ^ )

In terms of their challenges for the final battle, it is evident that they're putting a lot of effort into this finale round. Team A's idea to come up with three songs, since they couldn't come to a consensus, & then send them to Yang Hyun Suk for the final decision was a productive choice because it'll make the decision making faster & gain the approval of the CEO. I personally liked Taehyun's funky song, but I thought Seungyoon's explanation for the tempo of his song matching a heartbeat was very deep & sincere. & Poor Mino... Hahaha I sympathize with his pain from losing all his data after the computer shut down, but his song sounded far to aggravated. x)

Team B, on the other hand, let B.I & Bobby handle the general foundation of the song. From what I've heard of the melody & beat so far, I really like it. It's a sound we haven't heard from them yet, a slower, more R&B feel. I'm also very, very excited to hear their lyrics because they are putting their own stories into it, their lives & struggles as trainees. They want their final stage to be memorable & by sharing their stories this one last time, they're sure to leave an impression. I know they've been through a lot so I'm extremely excited for its outcome.

At the end of the day, this program isn't merely to be cruel, as most people would judge, but it has taught them how to compose their own songs. Just as YG had said, win or lose, they have this capability to take with them.

Dancing wise, I have always preferred Team B's style just because it's more intricate & enjoyable. They make it into a dance you'd want to get up & learn. (If I only was good at hip-hop... Haha) & Lately they've been working on more tricks for their routines, as well, which makes it even more entertaining. As always they're working on their accuracy & cleanliness, which as a dancer, I sincerely appreciate. But I am anticipating Team A's choreography because Seunghoon's concept sounds very interesting & has a bit of a storyline to it; I'm also a sucker for work with a message or a story. I'm also quite intrigued in how their song fits into their concept because it sounded like a different version of Rihanna's Please Don't Stop the Music.

WARNING: The following gifs may make you lightheaded... From how sexy they are... Hahaha

I have no idea why these boys decided they wanted to do this, to appear more manly I guess, but my feels could not handle it when I watched this part of the episode. As their noona, & not even by much -- Jinhwan is only two months younger than me (in Western aging standards) -- so I'm not really much of a pedonoona, I found it terribly wrong to be enticed by them.. & If you're a noona fan facing the same problems as me, please comment your sympathy pains down below. ( T - T ) Hahaha But they chose their winners well. :x

Presenting the maknae on the inside, but a real man on the outside... Kim Donghyuk!
Source
& Of course, the man with the West Side swagger… Bobby!
Source
Aigoo, these children...

After seeing them be so charismatic, I was appalled when Donghyuk went to visit his dad. I understood that he hadn't visited him in a long while, just like the other trainees, but that was a surprise I did not expect.. For those of you that don't know, Donghyuk's father passed away when he was about 8 years old. I don't really have much to comment on that & I feel as though I shouldn't because that should remain a private, as private as reality tv can get, moment between him & his dad. <3

The final challenge for the two teams is to create different arrangements for a track titled "Just Another Boy," that both teams will have, produced by Teddy. From the little preview we received, I really liked the beat of the track, no surprise coming from Teddy. Team A has decided to go with the concept: from a fool to Mr. Cool, which is good. I'm not terribly impressed by it, but they could do a lot with that & just blow me away. So, as always, I'm looking forward to their stage. Team B decided to go with the theme of being single & alone. First of all, I don't know why they were trippin' about being alone. It wasn't anything dramatic, but I just thought it was funny that that thought came to mind for them. Haha I did like B.I's quote for their concept, "There's nothing bad about being single at all. But in the end, I'm just a boy who needs love. Just another boy.

Overall, in terms of the upcoming battle, it seems like Team A is more efficient with getting their work done, which has been an advantage for them. At the same time, I am eager to see what Team B has prepared because they're adding a lot more elements that we haven't seen from them all season. I look forward to seeing both of their stages.

My thoughts on this entire program aren't as negative as others may be. If you look at how much all the members improved, grew, & changed, it wouldn't have happened without the show. They've also bonded much more, even as a whole, despite the competition. It has also provided a ton of publicity & a strong fan base for whoever is to debut. 

Just like everyone else though, I am hoping & praying that the losing team will not be disband. Seunghoon mentioned that they've become such a YG family that he couldn't see any of them promoting for another company. My hopes were that the losing team would be picked up by another company, such as JYP, just so that their talents would not go to waste. The fact that they all feel so bonded & loyal to YG makes the idea of either of them losing even worse. I can't say whether or not I believe YG will go through with his word because as cruel as he comes across, he's a smart man. I don't know if there would be enough fans that would be upset with the disbandment, but I think it could be a factor in his decision.

My heart is torn & goes out to both teams. We'll just have to wait & see what happens...

Until then, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment